A local government affairs report distributed by HBRA/NV & NVBR
Week of January 25, 2010
For more information contact Amanda Ibey at (802) 876-6200 ext. 12 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Meeting: The Planning Commission will meet on Tuesday, January 27 at 6:30 PM in Conference Room #12 in City Hall. The agenda is below.
- Public Forum -The Public Forum is an opportunity for any member of the public to address the Commission on any relevant issue.
- Report of the Chair – Peter Potts, Chair
- Report of the Director – David E. White, Director
- Legacy Project – The committee will hear from Legacy Project staff and steering committee members on the Legacy Plan Update process.
- Burlington POWER Program Presentation – The Commission will hear a presentation on the new Burlington POWER Program – a PACE initiative, which is the new proposed clean energy assessment program.
- Pine and Flynn rezoning request – The Commission will discuss a request for zoning at the intersection of Pine Street and Flynn Avenue.
- Transportation Plan – The Commission will continue its review of the City’s Transportation Plan and identify language changes needed before adoption.
- Committee Reports
- Commissioner Items
- Minutes / Communications – Minutes for the January 12, 2010 Commission meeting.
Public Meeting: The Planning Commission will meet on Wednesday, January 27 at 7:30 PM. The agenda is below.
- Flood Hazard Regulation Revisions (Zoning, Article 6) – cont’d from 1/13 mtg. – Review of draft language – wholesale revision of Article 6 of Zoning Regulations based on model language provided by VT Agency of Natural Resources, Floodplain Management Program.
- Town Plan Revision
- Transportation Section – Joe Iadanza
- Statistics – Alex
- Community Facilities (LHTF) – Jean
- Village Area land use – Fred
- Energy Section – Carrie & Ashley
- Mixed Use Development Definition Discussion – What constitutes mixed use (residential and non-residential)? Should it mean the types of uses are mixed in every project? Are clusters of single-type uses consistent with mixed use village area zoning districts? Do our village area regulations provide enough clarity on this front?
- Minutes of January 13, 2010 Meeting
- Other Business & Announcements
Public Meeting: The Planning Commission will meet on Monday, January 25 at 7 PM.
Public Meeting: The Planning Commission will meet on Thursday, January 28 at 7:00 PM in the Town Meeting Center.
Public Meeting: The Planning Commission will meet on Thursday, January 26 at 7:30 PM in the Municipal Town Offices. The agenda is below.
- Open to the public for items not related to the agenda
- Planning Commissioner announcements & directors report
- South Burlington Flood Hazard Regulations
- Overview of draft digital flood insurance rate maps (DFIRM) prepared by FEMA
- Discussion of recommended Land Development Regulations changes to comply with Federal Law
- Status update of ongoing planning projects
- New Town Center Application
- Cars to People project
- Comprehensive Plan
- On-Street parking analysis
- Central District zoning updates
- Chittenden County Transit Authority draft route changes; announcement of public hearings
- Approve minutes of last meeting